Game of Thrones Season 7: At the very beginning of the series, Game of Thrones, we saw three people being chased by scary creatures that killed 2 of them while the third one survived only to be beheaded by the Warden of Winterfell. This was the first time we saw some inhuman creatures in the series. Later as the story progressed, we heard the name White Walkers more and more, but it was only by the end of the third season that we actually saw a whole army of frozen, blue-eyed, white zombie like creatures that had some issues with verbal negotiations and hence believed in simply killing the mortal human beings.
White walkers have always been a point of fascination throughout the Game of Thrones series. Their journey has been quite slow yet grabbing during the storyline. Every now and then we discovered their presence and got some hints about who they are and how someone could actually fight them. Here’s what we know by far about them
- They Kill: Young, old, girl, boy anyone and everyone who comes in their way have his story ended by them. White walkers just kill and they killed brutally. We know from the stories in the show that when they first came, swept off entire Westros creating a long cold night.This is may be the most appropriate reasons to make them the ultimate protagonists in the series.
- They were created to protect: In season six, we saw how the first ever white walker was created. The children of the forest created them to save themselves from the first men who were killing them and destroying their sacred trees. We saw one of the children of forest taking some kind of weapon to turn the first man into a blue eyed white walker.
- Babies or Dead: We’ve seen the White walkers taking babies and turning them into one of their kind. We’ve also heard people saying how if the dead aren’t burnt, they join the White Walker army. Maybe that’s how over the years their army grew.
- Warging: Wargs like Bran cannot be seen by simple human beings during warging. But same is not the case with the White Walkers. We saw the Night King touching Bran during his training by the Three-Eyed raven. The Night king not only saw him but was able to penetrate the magic that was protecting them in the cave, it was only after that they had to run from their and we had to say goodbye to poor Hodor (you can cry)
- Valyrian Steel and Dragon glass: We saw Jon killing them using his Valyrian Steel Sword and Sam killing them with a Dragon glass. This means White Walkers are not really big fans of Dragon-ey material.
That was the story so far. But what next? What the upcoming season 7 has with it for the White Walkers. So here’s a prediction to the White Walker journey in Game of Thrones season 7. First of all, the only character that seems to be more than just a White Walker is the night king. And it seems there’s more to his story than what we currently know. Though the books have some legends explaining his existence, it seems that season 7 is going to reveal more about him. In addition to that, Bran is going to continue his expedition with his warging that might reveal more about or against the White Walkers. It might be a case that we might see yet another exciting combat between the army of mortals and the White Walkers like the one in season 5.
White Walkers started off as a silent threat that no one quite paid attention to. Eventually down the storyline, they found their place as more prominent and threatening characters in the series causing harm every now and then. They killed Gogen Reed, they killed a large number of Night’s Watch brothers and more sadly, they killed Hodor (you can cry again). It will be interesting to see their journey and their ultimate battle against the human army. Maybe the Starks and Targaryans join hands against them, maybe they win the ultimate battle. But anyways, it is going to be exciting and thrilling. For more updates on Game of Thrones season 7 and predictions about your favorite characters, follow us.